President Bola Tinubu has approved the appointment of Muhammad Hassan Hammajoda to serve as the Secretary of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
In a statement on Thursday by the presidential spokesman, Ajuri Ngelale, Hammajoda’s appointment is for a renewable term of five years in the first instance, pending his confirmation by the Senate.
Ngelale stated that President Tinubu tasked the new EFCC leadership to justify the confidence given to them in this important national assignment as a newly invigorated war on corruption.
Below are the things you should know about the needle EFCC scribe.
– Muhammad Hassan Hammajoda is a Public Administrator.
– He has extensive experience in Public Finance Management and holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from the University of Maiduguri and a Masters in Business Administration from the same university.
– Hammajoda began his career as a lecturer at the Federal Polytechnic, Mubi in Adamawa State.
– He worked with the defunct Allied Bank and Standard Trust Bank.
– Hammajoda was the former EFCC Director of Accounts.
The New EFCC scribe was also a staff of the National Hajj Commission.